Today, I found 2 more Zucchini in the garden that were Ginormous! This is addition to the two on the counter picked last night, and the two in the fridge from last weekend, and the leftovers in 2 containers from zucchini this week. Its finally time to put this zucchini to something else. I wanted to make Zucchini muffins from scratch, but by the time I found a recipe, and gathered everything, and started grating the zucchini, I realized we no longer had any baking soda because we used it to clot our roosters toenail the night before - you can read about that mishap ht some point...
What I did find in the cupboard was a premix Oatmeal muffin mix - just add water...sooo. I added a couple of eggs, the grated zucchini ( I didn't have to worry about draining too much liquid off, because I would have normally added water anyways), some dark chocolate chips, and chopped walnuts, threw in the oven for about 25 six minutes at approx 400-425 and voila - Cheater Zucchini Muffins
I don't feel bad one bit, because I was able to consume a muffin mix that had been in there a couple of months and made it SO much better! plus grated an entire huge zucchini,
Here are the approx directions:
- Preheat oven to 400-425
- Grate and strain 3 cups Zucchini (remove any seeds - they went to the rooster who's toenail I made bleed the night before)
- Beat 2 eggs, add to zucchini
- Slowly add about half (3 cups) dry muffin mix - we used Oatmeal, making sure all mix is moistened, if its too wet add more mix, too dry, add more zucchini.
- Add half a bag of dark chocolate chips and half a bag of chopped walnuts
- Grease muffin pan with butter
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full
- Bake for about 20-25 mins
Please share your zucchini recipes with me! Send them to my inbox or post in the comments :)